Dear Friends in Mission,
This weekend we begin yet another new way of being church! Thanks to a very generous donation from BJ Party Supplies in Monterey Park, we will gather to celebrate the Eucharist under tents.
As you probably have heard by now, the Archdiocese of Los Angeles is encouraging all parishes to celebrate Mass outdoors, and therefore we will begin this Sunday. Because of the challenge of the heat, we will begin slowly. We will celebrate three morning Masses only:
7:00 am English
8:30 am Spanish
10:00 am Vietnamese
All three Masses will be live streamed on Facebook for those who choose to watch from the comfort of their home. Depending on the need and the weather, we may expand the schedule to include evening Masses in the weeks to come. As we are in uncharted territory, we ask your cooperation and your patience.
All are welcome to our “Eucharist under the Tent,” located directly in front of the Chapel of the Annunciation (you can’t miss the tents!), but we ask your cooperation with the following:
- Please bring you own chair. Outdoor folding chairs work best.
- Although families may sit together, please maintain 6-feet social distancing from the person next to you when seated and at all times.
- Masks or face coverings are required at all times.
- You may stay in your car and watch the live stream on your phone.
- Communion will be distributed at the end of the Mass.
- Please park in the available spaces in the large Mission/Chapel parking lot only.
As we are being fed with the Bread of Life, let us remember, that at the same time, our Eucharistic community of San Gabriel Mission will be helping to feed close to 350 needy families through our Food Pantry in another part of the campus, so we ask that you please steer clear of the elementary school/parish center parking lot.
Thank you all in advance for your cooperation as we begin yet another adventure together.